Play. Discover. Explore. Madison with Kids has partnered with us to provide you and your family fun and interesting ways to spend time together each week.
To suggest an event for the family fun guide, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us raise awareness of the impact of childhood cancer on families in our area. Help us raise critical funds for the Badger Childhood Cancer Network’s programs providing
information, emotional support, emergency financial aid, and transportation assistance for families of children with cancer and blood disorders.
WHERE: Keva Sports; Middleton, WI
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 30 9 am
COST: Free–$35 depending on age
Join us 2½ hours before kickoff, every football home game, for gameday’s best tailgate. Just steps from Camp Randall Stadium at Union South, Badger Bash offers food, drinks and entertainment—indoors and out.
Badger Bash Features:
• UW-Madison Marching Band performance (approx. 2 hrs before kickoff)
• UW-Madison Spirit Squad performances
• Local celebrity emcees
• Fun & games by our sponsors
• Live music
• More than 100 fresh, hot food & beverage options
• The best game-day restrooms in Madison
WHERE: Union South
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 30 2.5 hours before kick off
Enjoy hands on opportunities to create, build and make discoveries about Monona Terrace and other Frank Lloyd Wright designs.
- Build with Froebel blocks, just like those that inspired a young Frank
- Make a faux stained glass piece of art and 3-d geometric ornament
- Explore the building’s unique architecture on a Scavenger Hunt
- Create your dream building at the Lego activity table, and visit the “So You Want to be an Architect” station, presented by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Wisconsin
WHERE: Grand Terrace at the Monona Terrace
WHEN: Sunday, Oct 1 1–4 pm
Come enjoy the beauty of fall at the MacKenzie Center. This family friendly event will give you a chance to participate in some of the many activities available at MacKenzie including archery, air guns, compass skills, wildlife tours, fire building, hiking, and studying the plant and critter life in our pond. In addition you can learn about (and touch) real furs and skulls, cut a “wood cookie” using a two-person crosscut saw, make leaf and wildlife track pressings and try other crafts. Come in costume (if you like) and participate in some of our seasonal activities — pumpkin painting, a hay bale maze, gunny sack races, face painting, scarecrow making, hayrides, and more! Musical entertainment starts at 11 am.
WHERE: The MacKenzie Center
WHEN: October 7, 10 am–3 pm
For other FREE events, visit the Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau’s ‘Free Things To Do‘