Wisconsin native Danny Gokey tells the heartfelt story behind this powerful song

6 Responses to "Danny Gokey – “Tell Your Heart To Beat Again” – Story behind the song"

• Jane says:

Driving my car this afternoon going back home, while driving I switch my car radio channel and then heard song Tell Your Heart To Beat Again by Danny first time I heard this music make me cry, the song very powerful meaning, l lost my husband five years ago with cancer since then I keep myself busy every day from work and taken care, my 2 kids, last year I was very sick because of over stress since that day I lost hope and wonder why God give all of this sadness in my life what the purpose he let me live this word, each day thinking myself why? I started to lose hope for future will become, but just like that today listed this beautiful song, I stop my car and started crying and listen lyric this song just like that God talking with me with this song God answer me through this song, god telling me to have a Hope in your life it’s not bad thing at all and he will always listen to us and to have Hope and grace is wonderful thing to say yourself each day your life…. this song inspired me and I just brought the whole CD through amazon, now my new radio station life 102 because every song you play give me hope each day the same time I feel God presence talking to me each day through song, Thank you again being there for us.

1. Dave Conour says:

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I’m glad you found a home here. –Dave

• Kat says:

Every time I hear this song… it both brings me to tears and lifts me up and gives me fresh hope. Life has been a struggle for the last few years, and this song comes on every time I’m at a low point… Thank you for what you do!

• Johanna says:

I have had some ruff times. I thought very little of myself. Nothing had a purpose and everything was à little gray. Easy to cry. Then i heard you Danny on the radio… tell your heart to beat again. Thank you. Now trying to wake My hart from this grayzone. I Thank God for your voice and soul.

• Brenda says:

Thank you for this amazing song and the story behind it. Thank you for helping me to see its way past time for me to let go of the past. I cannot step into what the Lord has for me today until I step out of the darkness from the past.

• Tina says:

2 weeks post birth of my second daughter, i was diagnosed with a brain tumor and during surgery I had stroke. My life has felt as though it hd shattered. Each day I wake up wishing and praying for ;life as it used to be. This song touches my heart. Thank you for an amazing song. It lifts my spirit and helps me continue to walk in His faith.